Your safety is extremely important to us, and our #2 piece of advice is to trust your instincts; if something seems suspicious or too good to be true, then it probably is.
For information about the safety and privacy of under-18 members, please check our Under-18 Members page.
Is the enquiry real?
We have safety policies in place to spot enquiry from a client is real. We always research the company or person you are auditioning for so that you completely understand what the project is and what is expected.
If we receive an enquiry, audition or job via Plus-SizeModels.com that looks suspicious, we will yet you know immediately.
Is this email from Plus-SizeModels.com?
Unfortunately, a scammer may email you and either pretend to be from Plus-SizeModels.com, or try contact you through the site with a special (and fake) offer.
Here are a few signs of a scam email:
- The spelling or grammar is very poor
- The person sending the email is asking you for money
- The email claims to be from Plus-SizeModels.com, but the email address does not include @Plus-SizeModels.com
- The offer they are making you is generic (e.g. a ‘magazine photoshoot’) with no specific details.
If you receive an email that you’re not sure about, please contact us. Do not deal with the person directly.
How do we make sure an audition is safe?
- Check exactly what is required of you before sending you the audition details.
- Use Google to research the company or person that you are auditioning for.
- Check the location of the audition. If it’s in a hotel or bar, or at someone’s house, this will raise some red flags.
How you can make sure an audition is safe?
- Take a friend, parent, or colleague with you to the audition.
- Don’t be afraid to say ‘no’ to anything that you aren’t comfortable doing.
- Always read contracts carefully before signing them.
You should expect all casting professionals to comply with local legal requirements when it comes to liability insurance in order to protect our members, the general public, and any property. We recommend that you check what kinds of insurance the casting professional provides, plus any other expenses, before you begin an assignment.
If you’ve been contacted about an audition and you feel uncomfortable, please let us know.
What if I’m offered a role in another country?
Plus-SizeModels.com has opportunities that are open to members all around the world we will check it is genuine.
If you accept a role in another country, make sure you do your homework first and also obtain the appropriate work visas.
How do we know if an agent is legit?
A number of agents use Plus-SizeModels.com to sign new talent. If an enquire comes from an agent we will contact them first to make sure they are real.
Having an agent can be a great way to find extra work, but you also need to be sure, research an agent thoroughly before signing with them. Be wary of anyone who claims they will make you a star overnight, or who asks you to pay a fee. If an agency asks for a fee that was not mentioned in call to Plus-SizeModels.com, please let us know.
Occasionally you might come across an agency that is advertising a workshop, but it should not be a requirement of you joining the agency. They may also ask you to get a new headshot taken, but you should be allowed to choose the photographer.
If you think you might be dealing with a scammer, or you’ve already been scammed, please contact us or talk to your local authorities.
Has this answered your question? If not, please contact us